The aim of the research partnership PROMINENT is to develop techno-economically and environmentally viable protein ingredients and foods from wheat & rice side streams. Read more about the project summary here
- Disintegration, fractionation and extraction technologies: bioprocessing, dry and wet milling, air classification, novel extraction solvents, membrane separation, expanded bed adsorption.
- Enzymatic and thermo-mechanical methods to improve techno-functional and sensory properties of protein ingredients.
- Applications: pasta, biscuits, cakes and beverages.
- Assessment of quality, techno-economic feasibility, sustainability and market potential.
- Designing strategies for marketing, dissemination, and exploitation of innovations.
Participants in PROMINENT are: VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd (project leader), Südzucker AG, AB Enzymes, Upfront, United Biscuits, Barilla, Olvi, LUKE and Bridge2Food.
This 3 year project with a value of € 3.1 Million (2015-2018) has received funding from the Bio-Based Industries Joint Undertaking within the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 668953− PROMINENT.